Qatar Sustainable Week – Bridge Building CompetitionBack
As part of Qatar Sustainable Week, EA Qatar Chapter and Qatar Green Building Council have joined forces to organise the first-ever Bridge Building Competition in the country!
Engineers are constantly challenged to create the most sustainable structure to resist a given load over a given span. Engineers Australia Bridge Building Competition requires teams to be creative and construct a bridge with the minimal materials. Please see further details below:
Charges: Commitment fees of 50 QAR / Team
Objective of the competition: The bridge should span 2.5m without failing while carrying a nominated load of 3.75kg. The winner will be the lightest bridge that can carry the nominated load.
Three prize categories:
- 1st Prize: For the lightest bridge capable of supporting the nominated load (Environmental Engineers Perspective).
- 2nd Prize: For the bridge capable of supporting the heaviest load regardless its weight or mass (Structural Engineers Perspective).
- 3rd Prize: For the bridge judged to be the most aesthetically appealing (Architects Perspective).
- Attendance & winning certificates will be issued to all participants.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of 5 people, multidisciplinary teams and multiple entries from each university/institution are strongly encouraged.
- An email will be sent to your nominated email address confirming your registration.
- An information kit will also be sent to your nominated email address on Sunday 22nd Octoberconfirming details and providing additional information regarding rules and conditions of entry.
- If you have any questions please contact Mustafa El Cherkawi on:
- Mobile: +974 3392 8127
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like our Facebook page for updates and information
Please complete this registration form and forward it to Mustafa El Cherkawi email@example.com by Saturday 28th October.
- Date : November 04, 2017